Sr. Java Developer
We are looking for a Java Developer with experience in building high-performing, scalable; enterprise-grade applications. You will be part of a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications. Java developer roles and responsibilities include managing Java/Java EE application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
Primary Job Objectives
The table below gives the primary duties/ responsibilities for this position. It shows the expected allotted time over an extended period for the areas supported by the position as well as the Description of those areas.
Rank of Importance % Allocation Description
Gather, develop, and document appropriate methods for gathering and documenting business requirements for customer projects.
Interfacing with Solution Engineers to ensure that the functional requirements and solutions are properly transferred for development. Oversee project development.
Interface with project management to ensure strong communication regarding timelines, deliveries, project issues and changes are addressed. 4 25 Job related travel. 5 5 Prepare system test plans for delivery and acceptance. 6 5 Administrative responsibilities.
- Experience should have 5 years to 7 years.
- Development of quantitative/ analytics models using Java
- Programming knowledge of Java mandatory
- Should have good understanding of data structures (Arrays, Stacks and Linked Lists).
- Should have strong Java/J2EE knowledge, good understanding of OOP concepts, collections and multi-threading.
- Should have knowledge of HTTP based Web applications.
- Should have strong knowledge of JDBC and Database engines such as Oracle or MySQL
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- BS/ MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven working experience in software development
- Working experience in java development
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) must be filled out before submitting.